Today’s a bit of a double post, first of all Merry Christmas! And in true festive spirit I thought I’d share the Christmas traditions that I’ve actually done the past few years (and plan on continuing). I also thought I’d share an update on the products I’m trying to use up.
1. I always get up at 8am on Christmas Day it’s been a tradition in my family for years and one that I fully intend to keep on going. I’m not one to get up at 4am to open presents but at the same time I don’t want to spend my Christmas in bed. It’s nice to have everyone get up at the same time and spend Christmas together properly.
2. I always watch The Grinch (and usually The Nightmare Before Christmas) on Christmas Eve. I’m always restless on Christmas Eve anyway but it’s nice to be able to have a bit of a routine and I never get tired of The Grinch even if I know it word for word.
3. I always share a tub of Quality Street on Christmas Eve. I’m British so Quality Street are a must and before we start the debate on the best chocolates my top three are the Green Triangle, the Big Purple and the Strawberry Delight – just sayin’.
4. I always have at least one drink on Christmas Eve – I’m not saying you have to drink but I usually have at least one drink on Christmas Eve to help me get into the festive spirit. This year I’m going out rather than having drinks in which will be a nice change although I’m sure the pubs will be packed!
5. I always play at least one board game on Christmas Day. After Christmas Dinner I always play at least one board game, this year I’m pretty certain it’ll be Monopoly and of course everyone will be competitive.
They’re some of my traditions, I’d love to hear some of yours!
Product Use-up Update
Last month I did a post on the products I were trying to use up, in case you haven’t read that post here they are:
Balance Me Hint of Glamour Tinted Lip Balm
Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Rollercoaster
Illamasqua Cream Highlighter in Gleam
Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Fluster
L’oreal Fibrology Dry Shampoo
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
No7 Creme Touch Powder
No7 Vital Brights Cream Blusher in Blossoming Pink
Organic & Botanic Amazonian Berry Moisturiser
What Skin Needs Facial Serum
1) Balance Me Hint of Glamour Tinted Lip Balm
I’ve very nearly used this up! I haven’t quite as I put it in my bag to use and then kept forgetting to get it out but it’s definitely getting hard to dispense the product out of the tube. I like this tinted lip balm it adds a little something without being too high maintenance plus at this time of the year I’m all but drinking lip balm.
2) Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Rollercoaster
I did manage to use this one up which is great. I liked this nail polish but I’ve not repurchased as I have a very similar shade (No7 Peacock Green). I liked this and for the price it’s pretty bargainous, longevity could be improved but on the whole not a bad polish!
3) Illamasqua Cream Highlighter in Gleam
I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t like this product and I still have a ton left. The pale champagne shade is pretty but even when applying this by tapping it, it still manages to lift away my base makeup which I hate, it also stops my base from lasting as long which is really annoying. I’ve had this a while and it is a cream product so I’m pretty sure it’s close to or has passed it’s expiry date so I think I’ll bin this.
4) Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Fluster
I love the shade of this but it’s so bright the only option is to wear it under makeup, it’s also difficult to blend on top of foundation and it dries quickly. I’m still working at this but I have a way to go, I’d like to finish this if I can though.
5) L’oreal Fibrology Dry Shampoo
I think I used this up or at least I’m very close to finishing it. Again I’m not a huge fan it has a lot of white cast and makes my hair crunchy and stiff feeling, I think I’m likely to pass this on or get rid of it – especially as my mum gave this to me and wasn’t a fan either!
6) MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
I’ve not finished this palette fully but I’ve hit pan on at least two shades and I’ve completely used up a third. I’ll still work on this simply because it’s difficult to use up eyeshadow and I’d like to use up at least one palette.
7) No7 Creme Touch Powder
I’m really enjoying this powder plus I’m using it on a daily basis. I’ve hit pan on this and widened the pan so I think if I keep on using this regularly I’ll have used it up in no time.
8) No7 Vital Brights Cream Blusher in Blossoming Pink
Again I’ve hit pan and widened the pan on this but boy this goes on forever! I do like this blush a lot and I’m keen to use it up again as it’s a cream and will be close to it’s expiry date by now.
9) Organic & Botanic Amazonian Berry Moisturiser
I’d say I’m about halfway to three quarters of the way through this, I’m using this on a daily basis but it’s taking a little longer as I don’t like to use too much of it. I’m enjoying it though and it’s my go to at the moment.
10) What Skin Needs Facial Serum
This isn’t as lightweight as I first thought and it’s difficult to spread across the face. It’s a heavy oil more than a serum so I don’t want to use this daily especially as I’ve had some breakouts lately. I’ll keep plugging at this though and I’m sure I’ll have used it up soon.
That’s it for this post, if you enjoyed it please hit the like button and let me know in the comments if you are focusing on using up products plus what your Christmas traditions are, I’d love to know!