I’m by no means a hair expert but ever since I taught myself how to do Dutch Braids I’ve been obsessed! I always love plaits I think that they’re versatile in the fact that they can be girly and feminine or even edgy if you make them messy. Here’s how I wear them.
Quick Announcement: I’m now moved into my new place and I’m not sure when I’ll have internet sorted, these posts have been written in advanced but from tomorrow I’m not sure when I’ll next have a post up so bear with me!
1) Part the hair down the centre (if you want a parting) then brush all of your hair back.
2) Divide into two sections and section of half with a hair bobble.
3) Take a centre section from your hair and divide into three, be sure to always cross the middle strand over the left and right strands to get the dutch braid look.
4) Add strands of hair to the left and right sections when braiding, keep braiding until you run out of hair.
5) Use hairspray and bobby pins to hold the hair into place. If you’re really struggling I did a full tutorial here.
I always like to have my hair off of my face so this style works really well for me. If you were doing fancy dress of wanted to make it super girly you can tie ribbons into it or on the ends. I like to pair this with glowing makeup and a bold lip to add a modern twist, it’s been my go-to summer hairstyle.